Do you wake up in the middle of the night and feel like you can’t sleep? Has the COVID-19 pandemic impacted your sleep routine? Has your Insomnia reached an all-time high this month?
Here are 5 tips to help you build a better bed time routine:
- Keep Work and Sleep Space Separate – I know its easy when you are working from home to stay in bed and work in your pajamas all day. However, it is important to train your brain to understand when its time to go to bed. Your body needs to know when its time to sleep and when its time to work.
- Less Caffeine the Better – In no way am I saying you should avoid drinking coffee (as a coffee addict myself), however try to at least avoid drinking it after lunch. If not, you are risking the Insomnia coming back to you.
- Exercise is Key – If you can, go for a long walk out doors of if you can exercise in doors. Not only is it healthy and good for your body, but it tires you out just in time for bedtime.
- Set Yourself a Cell Phone Curfew – limiting your screen time before bed is probably the most important lesson to learn here. Getting into bed with your phone allows you to enter a pattern of mindless and unnecessary scrolling. I know its addicting, but the best thing to do is leave your phone charging in another room and limit TV time before bed.
- Reduce Stress and Anxiety – This one is pretty obvious, but mindfulness is key. Be in tune with your mind and body, otherwise your thoughts and emotions will catch up to you when you’re trying to sleep. Find what works for you, whether its downloading Headspace – the meditation app, or taking a hot bath or shower before bed to relax. Don’t be afraid to pamper yourself as part of your bedtime routine, it might be exactly what you need to reduce your stress.
Sleep is important. There is nothing like that “good as new” feeling after a great night of sleep. Make yourself happy and do whatever it takes to help you snooze. See below products to help you sleep better.
Kasa Smart Dimmer Switch by TP-Link, Single Pole, Needs Neutral Wire,WiFi Light Switch for LED Lights, Works with Alexa and Google Assistant,UL Certified, 1-Pack(HS220)
CONTROL FROM ANYWHERE
Turn electronics on or off from anywhere with your smartphone using the Kasa app (Compatible w/ Android & iOS) VOICE CONTROL - Works with Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant and Microsoft Cortana supported devices for a hands-free experience
GENTLE OFF - Tailor your lighting to fade on with a click of the switch or a double-click to gently fade off the lights while your child drifts off to sleep
SCHEDULING - Use Schedules to set your Smart Switch to automatically turn on and off while you're home or away
NOTE: Requires a neutral wire / Works in a single-pole setup only / Secured 2.4 GHz WiFi network connection
AmazonBasics Premium Hybrid Mattress - Medium Feel - Memory Foam - Motion Isolation Springs - 12-Inch, Queen
Gel-infused memory foam top layer helps regulate your body temperature and is CertiPUR-US certified
Enjoy a restful night of sleep with full body support and foam layer that conforms to your body’s shape Helps alleviate joint strain and reduce pressure on your body while you rest
Individually-encased steel coils add edge to edge support and provide effective airflow
Delivered cylindrically wrapped and compressed for easy moving; allow 48 hours for mattress to reach full expansion once opened
Hamilton Beach Glass Electric Tea Kettle, Water Boiler & Heater, 1 L, Cordless, LED Indicator, Auto-Shutoff & Boil-Dry Protection (40930), Clear
Fast and safe hot water: kettle is faster for preparing up to 1 L of hot water than a microwave and safer than a stovetop kettle.
Modern design: Glass sides with stainless steel accents will look great on your countertop without taking up too much space.
Automatic shut off: boil-dry protection means the kettle will turn itself off when water is hot and ready to serve, making it safer than the stovetop.
Cordless serving: the kettle lifts off the base for easy serving.
Soft blue illumination: interior LED lights illuminate to let you know when hot water is on the way and automatically shuts off when it boils.